The space station sector has exciting potential as more private companies enter the conversation.
- The International Space Station is the most expensive public project ever built in the history of humanity.
- Companies like NanoRacks, SpaceX, and Blue Origin have already entered the conversation of what the future will look like for the ISS.
- Now, it's important to entertain only the serious contenders in the space race.
To stay on top in the business world, you have to make sure your business model matches the times.
- Digital has rendered many older business models less relevant. Because of this, many established companies are undergoing fundamental restructuring so that they are better "pivoted" for the future.
- The higher-ups at companies are constantly looking for ways to take advantage of trapped value — where there's something you can do that adds more value for your customers or that allows you to respond in a way that your competitors can't match.
- When it comes to effective restructuring, it's important to stay attuned to the changing behaviors of your customers.
If you want to be an innovation powerhouse, then you have to marry purpose with boldness.
- When workers are afraid to take risks, or do things differently, then the culture of an organization is hampered in its ability to incubate fresh ideas.
- Innovation is a byproduct of a bold purpose — that is, it's a byproduct of an intrepid mission that organizational members can personally relate to.
- When workers feel their work is meaningful, they are willing to work harder and to go the extra mile in terms of generating ideas and finding solutions to problems.
This is what you need to do to keep up with today's digital progress.
- Amazon has set aside $700 million to retrain 100,000 of its employees. That's an incredible thing—a company that is already at the forefront of tech is helping its employees catch up. What does that mean for the rest of us?
- Developing digital literacy in your organization's workforce is of utmost importance. How will companies stay ahead of the competition if they don't understand how emerging technologies, like blockchain, can be implemented?
- "Stay current" should become an organizational motto; it's about the disciplined pursued of understanding how technology can change the work you're doing today.
A mysterious startup reveals a groundbreaking solar energy achievement.
- Heliogen, a startup backed by Bill Gates and Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, announces a solar energy breakthrough.
- The company's array of mirrors generated heat of 1,000 degrees Celsius, nearly twice as much as before.
- The startup aims to utilize the technology in industrial processes, significantly reducing gas emissions.