The billionaire entrepreneur predicts the rise of technology will soon force society to rethink the modern work week.
- Branson made the argument in a recent blog post published on the Virgin website.
- The 40-hour work week stems from labor laws created in the early 20th century, and many have said this model is becoming increasingly obsolete.
- The average American currently works 47 hours per week, on average.
- 2019 will be known as the enterprise-to-enterprise boom in blockchain.
- B2B blockchain companies will out-perform the market because they provide the tools that other businesses need in order to survive.
- Blockchain is expected to become a $2-billion-dollar industry in the next three years.
Walgreens now competes with Amazon and CVS in the race to dominate the prescription delivery market.
- The service will cost $4.99 per drop-off.
- Same-day delivery will be available in some markets.
- As the population ages and rates of online shopping continue to rise, companies that can capitalize on the drug delivery market stand to earn billions.
Australia's two largest supermarkets led the ban, which has so far prevented some 1.5 billion plastic bags from entering the environment.
- The ban was led by the private sector, though several Australian states have banned single-use plastic bags.
- Worldwide, more than 30 countries and two U.S. states have banned single-use plastic bags.
- Kroger, the largest supermarket chain in the U.S., recently announced plans to phase-out plastic bags by 2025.
Amazon could be the next big tech firm to find itself in the eye of a data privacy storm.
- This year the Cambridge Analytica scandal broke, implicating Facebook and creating mass data privacy concern.
- Concerns have been raised of Amazon user information being leaked to third parties on a regular basis.
- With the amount of sensitive information and huge number of users on the Amazon platform, this is no small concern.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.