Construction of the $500 billion dollar tech city-state of the future is moving ahead.
- The futuristic megacity Neom is being built in Saudi Arabia.
- The city will be fully automated, leading in health, education and quality of life.
- It will feature an artificial moon, cloud seeding, robotic gladiators and flying taxis.
In cities, people tend to think of parks as dangerous.
Research finds that only 10% of cities worldwide are affordable.
Humans blame cats for killing birds, but our buildings are far worse.
- Nearly a billion birds are killed every year after flying into windows.
- The American Bird Conservancy published an extensive guide to incorporating bird-friendly design into buildings.
- Over twenty cities have programs to help reduce the number of avian deaths.
As we urbanize, a new study flags the need for lots of green spaces.
- A childhood spent in green spaces reduces the chance of acquiring adult mental disorders by 15% to 55%.
- A comprehensive study tracked the life stories of one million Danes to reach this conclusion.
- Humanity is moving to cities, and the report underscores the need for ample green spaces for children.