School diversity is less widespread in central and northern states
- In 2020, there will be more children of color than white children in the U.S.
- These maps indicate how racial diversity is changing the demographics of America's schools
- Diversity has massively increased, but more so in the south and on the coasts than elsewhere
When the protection of academic freedom is compromised, scholarship and greater society suffer the effects.
- Social media has made it easier than ever to succumb to mob mentality and let our worst instincts and impulses run rampant. Outrage mobs pose a new and unique threat to professors' academic freedom.
- Although expressing moral outrage can feel good, bad actors can use outrage mobs to further their own specific agendas, leaving careers ruined and productive discourse even further out of reach.
- University leaders should stop caving to outrage mobs and start standing up for academic freedom, both for students and professors.
It's telling about attempts to save the industry.
- Murray Energy, the largest private coal company in the U.S., has filed for bankruptcy protection.
- It is just one of several similar companies to seek these protections this year.
- Its decline has been years in the making, and is another sign that the market has decided coal's fate.
Tens of millions of Americans consume cannabis regularly. They're likely ingesting high levels of toxins. Only the federal government has the power and the resources to protect them.
In today's political world, building a campaign team that is dedicated to a digital presence is key to winning.
- When it comes to developing an effective online campaign, it's important to build a team of members who understand their audience and who have a clear understanding of their team's division of labor.
- Successful campaigns understand the pros and cons of various social media platforms — their respective architectures are important when it comes to strategically propagating a message. Having someone who spends concentrated time to really understand how the platforms work, and how to capitalize on their algorithms, is vital to compete in today's political world.
- Young people aren't automatically savvy when it comes to boosting a campaign's engagement. What matters most is having the resources to train team members how to better utilize social media.