A second step is to determine where violence concentrates and who is most at risk.
Polls never reveal who we really are. Google does.
- In Everybody Lies, Seth Stephens-Davidowitz discusses how Pornhub and Google data provide a window into human sexuality.
- Large, anonymized data sets are more reliable indicators than polling or other traditional methods.
- More people report having sex than actually having sex, Stephens-Davidowitz reports.
Even if automation makes human trafficking economically inefficient, that alone won't end this unethical practice.
- Robotic automation may one day make slavery economically inefficient, but automation does not spring forth fully formed.
- An interim period of piecemeal coverage may leave many at-risk, low-skilled workers in danger of exploitation.
- Nor can automation sate the political and social motives for slavery found in some societies.
Regan Williams, co-founder of Seen and Heard, wants adults to listen to children.
- Regan Williams, CEO of Seen and Heard, is on a mission to help foster youth develop necessary social and career skills through the performing arts.
- Williams says 300,000 American children are commercially trafficked every year.
- Children in our society are ignored except when they're famous or sexualized, which is part of the reason sexual abuse is not covered.
#MeToo and #TimesUp catapult America into the club of world's most anti-women countries.
- India tops a global ranking of most dangerous countries for women.
- Most other countries in the Top 10 cluster together in an Indo-Arab-African window of 'female-unfriendliness'.
- One outlier: the United States – 10th most dangerous country for women.