You won't notice much of a difference unless you're north of the 55th parallel, though.
- Magnetic north has recently been moving north from Canada to Russia in a cold hurry.
- It's moving about 33 miles a year instead of the usual 7 miles.
- World navigation models had to updated ahead of schedule to catch up with it.
Hungarian cartographer travels the world while mapping its treasures.
- Simple idea, stunning result: the world's watersheds in glorious colors.
- The maps are the work of Hungarian cartographer Robert Szucs.
- His job: to travel and map the world, one good cause at a time.
Omigod, they're cute, but there's peril in smooches and snuggles.
- The CDC has identified an outbreak of salmonella caused by contact with hedgehogs.
- A hedgehog can appear healthy and still carry salmonella.
- Conscientious hygiene is required for anyone living with a hedgie.
Chinese scientists find a 600-million-year-old creature.
- Researchers in China find fossils of a creature that lived 600 million years ago.
- This creature resembles a modern-day comb jelly.
- If confirmed, these would be the oldest animal fossils discovered.
- Stop and reflect on what nature meant for some of the greatest scientists and artists.
- Explore philosopher, Alan Watts' take on the interconnectedness of the world.
- Nature is known to evoke sublime literature and imagery.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.