Veterinarians are concerned. Consumers appear not to be.
- The pet CBD industry, valued at $8 million in 2017, is expected to grow to $1.16 billion by 2022.
- Despite the hype, there have been few clinical studies conducted on pets.
- While there is evidence of its potential therapeutic value, all evidence points to much higher dosages than offered on the consumer market.
Mycologist Paul Stamets believes they should be.
- Mycologist Paul Stamets believes psilocybin should be offered over the counter.
- Numerous studies on psychedelics over the past few years are helping to build the case for therapeutic usage.
- Potential benefits include positive mental outlook and reduced depression and anxiety.
Doctors put a human into suspended animation for the first time ever.
- A trial at the University of Maryland Medical Centre in Baltimore puts patients with death-causing injuries into suspended animation.
- The technique works by cooling the body and the brain.
- This gives surgeons more times to help the patients survive.
Move over SSRIs, Advil is on the way.
- A new study found that anti-inflammatory medications provide "reasonably safe" relief from depression.
- The meta-analysis discovered that 26 out of 30 studies showed the efficacy of NSAIDs, omega-3s, and others help combat mental health issues.
- While an important advancement in treating depression, root causes of inflammation, such as diet and stress, should be addressed first.
Researchers say further research is needed, though.
- Ayahuasca is a psychedelic brew that's been used by Amazonian tribes for centuries.
- Recent research suggests that ayahuasca might help reduce depression. The new study examined whether those effects might extend to suicidality.
- The results were mixed, but it seems ayahuasca shows some potential as a suicide intervention.