Polyamory offers a unique opportunity to enjoy prolonged passion and closeness in romantic relationships
Researchers recruited more than 1000 polyamorous participants.
"Having a high level of patience often isn't something that comes naturally; instead, it is something that improves over time"
Compassion is one of several news values that determine if a story is published.
- How the media frame a story can influence who the audience feels compassionate toward.
- Part of telling a story requires combatting inherent obstacles to sustained compassion.
- Compassion is one of several news values that determine if a story is published.
New research suggests that we should think twice before asking for input from a very wide range of people.
Eli Pariser explains why we can't just think of civility as being polite to one another.
- Often, disenfranchised groups are seen as acting uncivil when they protest their conditions, such as the civil rights movement, the #metoo movement, and others.
- In this way, the word 'civility' can be subverted to refer to maintaining the status quo. Instead, we should reframe our idea of civility as a respect for human dignity, rather than mere politeness.
- The opinions expressed in this video do not necessarily reflect the views of the Charles Koch Foundation, which encourages the expression of diverse viewpoints within a culture of civil discourse and mutual respect.