The new trust busting battles begin.
- Leaked audio from internal Facebook meeting ostensibly showcases Zuckerberg's candid thoughts on Elizabeth Warren.
- Zuckerberg tells his staff that they're ready to "go to the mat and and you fight."
- Warren has not backed down on her calls for busting up the big tech companies.
The global inflation rate is currently around 3.6%, but is much higher in these countries
Some critics say the move is designed to shield those who profited from the dangerous drug.
- Purdue Pharma is facing thousands of lawsuits that allege the decades-old drug company misleadingly marketed the opioid OxyContin.
- On Sunday, Purdue filed for bankruptcy after reaching a tentative settlement deal with some of the parties suing the company.
- The deal, which some plaintiffs have already rejected, calls for a potential payout of up to $12 billion and for the company to restructure itself.
The question is, how can we make employment fair for everyone?
- A new study from Russia's Higher School of Economics details the many disadvantages of freelancing.
- Problems with the gig economy include longer working hours, working on weekends and holidays, and no employee benefits.
- New legislation in California is attempting to address these issues, but may harm more than it helps.
- The image of cryptocurrency tends to focus on privilege and flaunted wealth.
- Financial institutions dismiss Bitcoin as a fad, while exploiting the benefits of the underlying technology for themselves.
- But the story in developing countries paints a different picture – one of vast potential.