Discrimination is up across the board.
- A new poll by PPRI found that nearly a quarter of Americans say it's okay to not serve atheists on religious grounds.
- The pro-discrimination number was even higher regarding gays and lesbians.
- Bias against Jews, Muslims, and African Americans is also increasing.
From religious wars to French poison conspiracies to the counterculture, we look at the origins of Satanism.
- Pop culture has painted our perceptions of Satanism more than historical facts.
- For most of its history, the term Satanism was an epithet used against religious enemies, not a movement bound by a shared set of beliefs.
- Today, the Satanists philosophy has more in common with empiricism or atheism than faith-based religions.
Just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean you aren't superstitious.
- A new report indicates atheists and agnostics still believe in supernatural phenomena despite not believing in gods.
- They tend to hold these beliefs at lower rates than the general population.
- This is in line with previous studies that show non-believers are just as prone to irrational thinking as their religious counterparts.
Is it saying to much to say somthing doesn't exist when you have no evidence either way?
- Dr. Marcelo Gleiser has become the first Latin American to win the Templeton Prize.
- The prize is given out for "contribution to affirming life's spiritual dimension."
- In an interview about the prize, he argued that atheism is "inconsistant with the scientific method."
Both panoramic and detailed, this infographic manages to show both the size and distribution of world religions.
- At a glance, this map shows both the size and distribution of world religions.
- See how religions mix at both national and regional level.
- There's one country in the Americas without a Christian majority – which?