Unequal gender dynamics still prevail even at the very top.
Gender inequality in the business world has been much discussed over the last few years, with a host of mentoring schemes, grants, business books and political activity all aimed at getting women into leadership positions.
Many people often continue to harbour positive feelings towards their exes long after the relationship is over.
New research finds how power dynamics shape the speech of men and women.
- A new psychology study finds differences in speech patterns between men and women.
- Men tend to use more abstract language, while women focus more on the details.
- This tendency is due to power dynamics that can be changed, concluded the researchers.
Overcoming assumptions when it comes to gender and capabilities is the key to a successful society.
- It's important to realize the implicit biases we carry regarding gender.
- In school settings, women are less likely to be encouraged to pursue careers in STEM fields because it's assumed that men have greater math skills. This simply isn't true.
- In the interest of a successful society, everyone should be allowed to pursue work based on their interests and skills.