Orgasms don't always mean a sexual encounter is positive, find psychologists.
- A new study finds that reaching an orgasm doesn't always indicate the sexual encounter was pleasurable.
- A variety of reasons were reported by participants for "bad" orgasms.
- Communication is key to improving sexual experiences, maintain the scientists.
What image of femininity is subtly imposed on us in the war against toxic masculinity?
- Slavoj Žižek is a Slovenian philosopher and cultural critic whose diverse body of work often emphasizes the role of ideology in culture and capitalism.
- In a recent interview, Žižek described how the war against so-called toxic masculinity necessarily implies a certain image of femininity.
- Žižek suggests we should be wary of accepting this image of femininity without closer examination.
Has misinformation clouded our understanding of the anti-aging power of hormones?
- Hormone therapy and supplementation have often been associated with cancer and unwanted side effects.
- However, this connection is fueled by misinformation and faulty sources of testosterone and estrogen outside the human body.
- When taken correctly, bioidentical hormone supplements can dial back the aging process and spark a zest for life while decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease in both men and women.
A new study finds an unexpected trait that young people want in a lifelong partner.
- A new study from the UK looked at dating preferences of 2,700 international students.
- The study found that kindness was the top trait preferred by both men and women in a lifelong partner.
- Looks, financial stability and a sense of humor were also important but with differences across cultures.
When you combine feelings of resentment with the societal praise of leaving one's mark, it forms a lethal cocktail.
- The common characteristic of mass shootings in America is that they are being perpetrated by men.
- Masculinity, in the modern day, still entails that men fight and act on their aggressive impulses.
- When men, who are taught to "leave their mark," experience isolation and loneliness, they often leave their stamp on horrendous atrocities.