A surprising study reveals how people feel about being replaced by robots in their jobs.
- Scientists in Germany find that most people would rather a robot replaced them in their job than a human.
- On the other hand, most people would be upset if a robot took the job of a colleague.
- People have different emotional reactions to being replaced by robots versus humans.
Extravagant plans to build Titanic II, a replica of the original White Star Line ship, are back in circulation.
- Titanic II has reportedly resumed construction.
- The project has been resurrected after its failed attempt to begin construction in 2012.
- If the project leaves the conceptual phase, the new ship is set to follow the same route as the original Titanic as one leg of its voyage.
Amazon raised its minimum wage for US workers to $15 per hour. Then, it took a bunch of other benefits away in what's being called a "stealth tax."
- Previous to the announced increase in minimum wage to $15/hr., warehouse workers were eligible for production bonuses and stock awards. Those will be terminated when the wage is increased.
- Amazon claims it's a net gain for the workers, but others disagree.
- CEO Jeff Bezos still makes $30,000 a minute.
35 hours a week would be ideal, say over 1,000 Americans surveyed. Just how overworked are we, really?
- A new survey reveals how American feel about workdays.
- Many of Americans say they put in too many hours—educators feel the most overworked, while government and public administration workers are mostly fine with their workloads.
- Which jobs waste employee hours the most? Legal work, apparently, with 47.6% of their work time wasted.
- 41.2% of people would rather have more time than more money—but there's a catch when it comes to reality.
What makes a job a great place to work? A sense of equity and ownership, says Michael Bush.
What makes a job a great place to work? A sense of equity and ownership, says Michael Bush, the CEO of the conveniently named Great Place to Work. They're a global consulting and analytics firm that produces the annual Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list, the 100 Best Workplaces for Women list, the Best Workplaces for Diversity list, and dozens of other distinguished workplace rankings around the world. Michael's new book is A Great Place to Work for All: Better for Business, Better for People, Better for the World, and he's brought to you today by Amway. Amway believes that diversity and inclusion are essential to the growth and prosperity of today’s companies. When woven into every aspect of the talent life cycle, companies committed to diversity and inclusion are the best equipped to innovate, improve brand image and drive performance.