What are the best ideas out there to innovate our rapidly changing education system? The Lumina Foundation has partnered with Big Think to find them.
- The conventional model of innovation involves piloting a product, scaling it, and then mainstreaming it.
- However, the Lumina Foundation believes that this model won't work quite so well for education: Instead, rapidly prototyping and iterating different ideas is the likely the best way to create a more equitable education system for our rapidly changing society.
- That's why the Lumina Foundation is partnering with entrepreneurs with innovative ideas to improve our education system through Lumina Impact Ventures, and why Big Think is helping them find the best ideas about the future of learning and work.
- You can see the winners of the Lumina Prize here - congratulations to PeerForward and Greater Commons!
New report shows the extent of China's hidden power as the developing world's creditor.
- Over 50 developing countries' Chinese debt accounts for on average 15 percent of their individual GDP.
- New report shows that the majority of the world's developing country's debt to China is considered "hidden."
- China's loans for poor countries are primarily for crucial infrastructure.
Astronaut company Virgin Galactic will become first to be publicly traded.
- Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic will go public later this year.
- People will be able to buy shares when Virgin Galactic merges with a shell company.
- The company aims to raise enough capital through investment to sustain itself until profitability.
Your next payday could be all digital.
- Cryptocurrencies are constantly becoming more mainstream.
- With the changing landscape of work and workers, financial systems also need to evolve.
- Cryptocrrencies have a lot to offer workers in this new age, but they still have some hurdles to face before they become the norm.
Hackers are demanding a bitcoin ransom.
- Some 10,000 of Charm City's computers were attacked.
- Important day-to-day city functions are out of commission.
- Many municipalities are believed to be under-protected from hackers.