De Beauvoir finds that the ‘strong woman’ is actually just bound to housework
That's five more unicorns than the previous three years combined.
- Five female-led tech startups have achieved unicorn status — $1B valuation — this year.
- Ellevest CEO and cofounder Sallie Krawcheck says that women need to begin negotiating on day one in their career.
- Krawcheck also notes that the upcoming "retirement savings crisis" is really a women's crisis.
In her new documentary, Maxine Trump tackles the topic of choosing not to procreate.
- Maxine Trump's forthcoming documentary, To Kid Or Not To Kid, investigates why women choose not to have children.
- Twenty percent of women are making this choice, Trump says, which is not a small minority.
- Climate change and an inability to find a suitable partner are top reasons for this decision.
Victims are moral agents rather than moral patients.
Those who speak out against bad treatment are often dismissed as 'playing the victim', accused of dwelling on imagined slights or indulging in an exaggerated sense of grievance. In the face of ridicule or, worse, the threat of violence, it would be easier to keep quiet. And yet, victims of injustice often do speak up: far from any desire for glory, they are often morally motivated, and act from a sense of duty.
Seemingly small moments of discrimination often pass unnoticed.
- While the #metoo movement has focused on sexual misconduct, there are many ways discrimination pervades society.
- Wearing makeup should be a choice, not a male-directed demand, many women stated in an informal survey.
- Since going makeup free in 2016, Alicia Keys says it has been empowering.