"It's just a joke," right?
Q: Why did the woman cross the road?
A: Who cares! What the hell is she doing out of the kitchen?
Q: Why hasn't NASA sent a woman to the moon?
A: It doesn't need cleaning yet!
These two jokes represent disparagement humor – any attempt to amuse through the denigration of a social group or its representatives.
Unequal gender dynamics still prevail even at the very top.
Gender inequality in the business world has been much discussed over the last few years, with a host of mentoring schemes, grants, business books and political activity all aimed at getting women into leadership positions.
Some lingerie lines have failed to keep up with a new era.
- According to L Brands, the Victoria's Secret fashion show, which began in 1995, has been cancelled to shift its focus on digital marketing.
- Since the advent of the fashion, the female body has been dissected and commodified to promote new feminine ideals for sales. This might be ending.
- Feminist demands have given rise to body inclusive brands such as Aerie, ThirdLove, Universal Studios, and Savage X Fenty that redefine "sexy."
De Beauvoir finds that the ‘strong woman’ is actually just bound to housework
That's five more unicorns than the previous three years combined.
- Five female-led tech startups have achieved unicorn status — $1B valuation — this year.
- Ellevest CEO and cofounder Sallie Krawcheck says that women need to begin negotiating on day one in their career.
- Krawcheck also notes that the upcoming "retirement savings crisis" is really a women's crisis.