Is capitalism naturally unempathetic?
Glenn Albrecht has ideas about how to cope with the effects of a changing world: Invent a new language.
- In Earth Emotions, Australia philosopher Glenn Albrecht provides a blueprint for dealing with emotional turmoil resulting from climate change.
- Technology has many wonderful applications, but distraction and entertainment cannot be the foundation of our devices.
- Time remains for preparing to deal with the consequences of climate change, if we act now.
Researchers measured high- and low-adversity participants' feelings of compassion.
Politically incorrect speakers seem less calculated and more "real," according to the authors of a new Berkeley study.
- The study involved nearly 5,000 participants across nine experiments, which found that both liberals and conservatives viewed politically incorrect speakers as more authentic.
- The results also suggest that political incorrectness can offend liberals and conservatives — it just depends on the issue.
- About 80 percent of Americans believe political correctness is a problem in the U.S., according to a 2018 study.