Regan Williams, co-founder of Seen and Heard, wants adults to listen to children.
- Regan Williams, CEO of Seen and Heard, is on a mission to help foster youth develop necessary social and career skills through the performing arts.
- Williams says 300,000 American children are commercially trafficked every year.
- Children in our society are ignored except when they're famous or sexualized, which is part of the reason sexual abuse is not covered.
In one Indian farming district, many women are paying for expensive and medically unnecessary hysterectomies in order to be more productive at work.
- In the Beed District of the Indian state Maharashtra, a disturbing number of women are getting their wombs removed.
- The majority of these women work as sugar-cane cutters, employed by and in debt to contractors.
- In order to pay back their debt and avoid fines, many women opt to pay for a hysterectomy rather than miss work due to their periods.
In the village of Kongthong, villagers don't call each other by their name; instead, they call out using unique, bespoke tunes that resemble birdsong.
- In the remote mountain village of Kongthong, villagers call out to each other using short tunes that resemble birdsong.
- These songs act as a second name for each villager, and are used more frequently than a villagers "real" name.
- The practice is called jingrwai lawbei, which translates to "song of the clan's first woman."
The loss of the Y chromosome could drive the formation of entirely new species.
The new YouGov survey also indicates that Barack and Michelle Obama are the most admired couple in the world.
- For the survey, YouGov — a British polling firm — interviewed more than 42,000 people across 41 countries.
- The results showed that the Obamas ranked higher than the Trumps on both the U.S. and international lists of admired public figures.
- Unlike some former first ladies, Mrs. Obama has led a remarkably public life after leaving the White House.