What image of femininity is subtly imposed on us in the war against toxic masculinity?
- Slavoj Žižek is a Slovenian philosopher and cultural critic whose diverse body of work often emphasizes the role of ideology in culture and capitalism.
- In a recent interview, Žižek described how the war against so-called toxic masculinity necessarily implies a certain image of femininity.
- Žižek suggests we should be wary of accepting this image of femininity without closer examination.
Has misinformation clouded our understanding of the anti-aging power of hormones?
- Hormone therapy and supplementation have often been associated with cancer and unwanted side effects.
- However, this connection is fueled by misinformation and faulty sources of testosterone and estrogen outside the human body.
- When taken correctly, bioidentical hormone supplements can dial back the aging process and spark a zest for life while decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease in both men and women.
A new study finds an unexpected trait that young people want in a lifelong partner.
- A new study from the UK looked at dating preferences of 2,700 international students.
- The study found that kindness was the top trait preferred by both men and women in a lifelong partner.
- Looks, financial stability and a sense of humor were also important but with differences across cultures.
De Beauvoir finds that the ‘strong woman’ is actually just bound to housework
Without a country to belong to, many of these people lack some of the most fundamental rights.
- According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, the world is host to 12 million people who don't officially belong to any state.
- People can become stateless through a variety of means, including racial discrimination, sexist nationality laws, voluntary choice, or bureaucratic accidents.
- Who are these millions of stateless individuals? What is life like for them? Can their situation be solved?