Some lingerie lines have failed to keep up with a new era.
- According to L Brands, the Victoria's Secret fashion show, which began in 1995, has been cancelled to shift its focus on digital marketing.
- Since the advent of the fashion, the female body has been dissected and commodified to promote new feminine ideals for sales. This might be ending.
- Feminist demands have given rise to body inclusive brands such as Aerie, ThirdLove, Universal Studios, and Savage X Fenty that redefine "sexy."
Sally Susman explains how to use truth-telling moments to your future benefit.
- The biggest decision of Pfizer executive Sally Susman's life was to come out as gay in 1984, when society was not as accepting as it is now.
- She was told she would never have a spouse, a career, or children; those were the fears told to her by the people who loved her most.
- Defying that prediction became her personal north star, and 31 years later she has done it. Susman used that truth-telling moment of coming out as a way to focus her ambitions and plant the seeds for her future.
Many people often continue to harbour positive feelings towards their exes long after the relationship is over.
New research finds how power dynamics shape the speech of men and women.
- A new psychology study finds differences in speech patterns between men and women.
- Men tend to use more abstract language, while women focus more on the details.
- This tendency is due to power dynamics that can be changed, concluded the researchers.
New forensic evidence and three other theories on London's most notorious serial killer
- Forensic scientists said that they have unveiled Aaron Kosminski, a Polish barber, as Jack the Ripper.
- Critics say the evidence is too weak to declare the case closed.
- An earlier genetic analysis of letters sent to the police by Jack the Ripper suggested that the murders could have been committed by a woman.