#MeToo and #TimesUp catapult America into the club of world's most anti-women countries
- India tops a global ranking of most dangerous countries for women
- Most other countries in the Top 10 cluster together in an Indo-Arab-African window of 'female-unfriendliness'
- One outlier: the United States – 10th most dangerous country for women
Here's how we can use the concept of 'impact impression' for criminal reform.
- In his work in criminal reform, Bishop Omar Jahwar recounts how a person's life trajectory can typically be traced back to a moment of trauma or an 'impact impression'.
- An impact impression has two outcomes: It can be an awakening that steers people in a positive direction where they seek help, or it can become a negative spiral that lands them in prison. In the latter case, supporting people in undoing the damage and mental scars they've incurred from such impact impressions can help reduce recidivism.
- The opinions expressed in this video do not necessarily reflect the views of the Charles Koch Foundation, which encourages the expression of diverse viewpoints within a culture of civil discourse and mutual respect.
In her new Netflix special, Amy Schumer gets real about fear.
Jemal Countess / Stringer (Getty Images)
- In Growing, Amy Schumer says women fear violence most, while for men it's ridicule.
- She points to grade school, when boys being violent to girls is supposed to represent courting.
- About 91 percent of rape victims are women, creating a fear in women that men rarely have to endure.
A revival is occurring, and we sure can use it.
- For the first decade after it was synthesized, MDMA was used in individual and couples therapy.
- Many therapists spoke against the criminalization of MDMA in 1985 due to the drug's therapeutic potential.
- A revival has occurred in recent years, with the government allowing clinical trials to move forward.
The psychological disconnect between humans and other animals puts all forms of life at risk.
- As part of the EU Withdrawal Bill, British MPs refused to recognize animal sentience.
- Yet it is well-documented that animals feel a range of feelings, including pain.
- The delusional idea that only humans experience emotions has lead to a variety of catastrophic problems, such as mass factory farming