ISS astronauts and NASA satellites capture amazing photos of the Raikoke volcano eruption.
A network of devices called MERMAIDs is taking seismographs where they've never been.
- Most of the ocean floor is inaccessible to seismologists.
- Much can be learned about the interior of Earth by listening to earthquakes.
- Ingenious new floating sensors are changing the ocean seismology game.
The eruption quickly killed those caught in its intense wake.
- The eruption occurred in the year 79 A.D.
- New research suggests the people of the town of Herculaneum were killed nearly instantly by intense heat
- According to recent findings, the victims' blood boiled, and their soft tissues were vaporized.
Do volcanoes contribute a significant amount of CO2 to the atmosphere compared to humans?