PopularSurprising SciencePersonal GrowthMind & BrainSex & RelationshipsTechnology & InnovationCulture & ReligionPolitics & Current Affairs
ISS astronauts and NASA satellites capture amazing photos of the Raikoke volcano eruption.
28 June, 2019
A network of devices called MERMAIDs is taking seismographs where they've never been.
06 February, 2019
- Most of the ocean floor is inaccessible to seismologists.
- Much can be learned about the interior of Earth by listening to earthquakes.
- Ingenious new floating sensors are changing the ocean seismology game.
oceans water submarine invention discovery engineering volcano seismic earthquakes ocean floor geology
The eruption quickly killed those caught in its intense wake.
10 October, 2018
Wikimedia Commons/PLOS One Journal
- The eruption occurred in the year 79 A.D.
- New research suggests the people of the town of Herculaneum were killed nearly instantly by intense heat
- According to recent findings, the victims' blood boiled, and their soft tissues were vaporized.