These people had no access to magazines and, generally, no access to the internet.
It's the first American news channel to focus on African-American experiences.
- The channel aims to fill a "void" in mainstream media by telling stories and covering issues that matter to African Americans, according to the channel's website.
- BNC will feature all-black on-air talent, and it aims to be nonpartisan.
- Some have questioned how African Americans will respond to the channel, which launched Feb. 10.
CuriosityStream is a non-fiction streaming platform of over 2,000 documentary features and series that open up every facet of our planet, our times and our universe.
- CuriosityStream offers a streaming library of over 2,000 documentary features and series.
- The service was created by Discovery Channel, TLC and Animal Planet founder John S. Hendricks.
- CuriosityStream is available anywhere with no international geo-locking restrictions.
A new study has bad news for those who binge watch TV.
- Too much sitting is horrible for you, but not all sitting is the same.
- A new study finds even short bouts of movement during the day can dramatically reduce your risk of death.
- While it found light exercise was able to counter some effects of sitting, it found moderate to vigorous workouts did better.
It's no joke.
- A new study used Comedy Central ratings and political survey data to examine whether the departure of Jon Stewart from "The Daily Show" had a causal effect on the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.
- The researchers found that it had a 1.1 percent effect on voter turnout, an amount that could've proved decisive in such a narrow election.
- The researchers used causal language in the study, but cautioned that Stewart's departure was one of many factors that decided the election.