CuriosityStream is a non-fiction streaming platform of over 2,000 documentary features and series that open up every facet of our planet, our times and our universe.
- CuriosityStream offers a streaming library of over 2,000 documentary features and series.
- The service was created by Discovery Channel, TLC and Animal Planet founder John S. Hendricks.
- CuriosityStream is available anywhere with no international geo-locking restrictions.
A new study has bad news for those who binge watch TV.
- Too much sitting is horrible for you, but not all sitting is the same.
- A new study finds even short bouts of movement during the day can dramatically reduce your risk of death.
- While it found light exercise was able to counter some effects of sitting, it found moderate to vigorous workouts did better.
It's no joke.
- A new study used Comedy Central ratings and political survey data to examine whether the departure of Jon Stewart from "The Daily Show" had a causal effect on the outcome of the 2016 presidential election.
- The researchers found that it had a 1.1 percent effect on voter turnout, an amount that could've proved decisive in such a narrow election.
- The researchers used causal language in the study, but cautioned that Stewart's departure was one of many factors that decided the election.
The artifact will be opened on Sunday, for the first time in millennia, at an undisclosed location in Egypt.
- The show is called Expedition Unknown: Egypt Live and it airs Sunday, April 7, at 8 p.m. E.T.
- The undisclosed site is reported to have produced multiple ancient artifacts.
- It might be little more than a media spectacle, but some say that's not a problem as long as it gets people interested in the preservation of ancient artifacts.
A new report says there's not as much evidence of physical harm as you might think.
- Leading pediatricians say the assumption that screen time is behind problems is not really supported by research.
- The danger has more to do with a screen being a gateway for unwanted intrusions into a child's life.
- While recommendations are difficult based on the limited amount of research that has been done, the report offers a few.