Mondly makes it easy and fun to learn any of the app's 33 languages.
- One of the best ways to ensure cognitive health is by new acquiring skills, such as learning a new language.
- Learning a language may help your mind stay sharp as you age.
- The best way to learn is to constantly practice speaking with others.
Through experiencing time in a nonlinear way, can artificial intelligence provide us more perspective?
- Is Sophia the Robot, of Hanson Robotics, conscious? Not quite, she says. Instead, she reflects the consciousness of humans in the same way the moon reflects the light of the sun.
- While we don't know if humans possess free will, she advises us to act as if we do. We can benefit from this.
- So, what can humans learn from robots? Artificial intelligence can view the world in a way that's more objective, being present while still able to look toward the future and the past.
When it comes to the quality of school systems and curriculum, does the U.S. need a reality check?
- America's best offense is an exceptional education system, says former U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan. But right now, a higher standard needs to be set.
- Currently, U.S. high school math, reading, and science scores rank somewhere between 15th and 30th internationally. This, Duncan says, is not good enough and should be reason for setting loftier goals.
- By setting these nation-building goals of increased innovation and personalized instruction, the system opens new paths of upward mobility for its students.
Effort-focused exercises often lead to better, more innovative ideas.
- Anthony Brandt argues that everyone is born with the facilities for creativity. Being creative means being a risk-taker, and that's something that needs to be encouraged and taught to children.
- Techniques such as sandboxing place more of an emphasis on the effort as opposed to the results. This gives people, children especially, permission to try different approaches and offer new ideas without the usual pressures.
- Without experimentation, there can be no innovation.
"Too many teenagers are ignoring or are unaware of new types of jobs that are emerging."