Scholars often debate risking their livelihoods and personal safety in order to conduct research in certain areas.
- Authoritarian governments that rely heavily on coercion must be more intrusive about how education shapes the personality and character of its members.
- In China, there are topics that scholars know to avoid — especially, the Three Ts: Taiwan, Tibet, and Tiananmen Square.
- While the majority of scholars are likely toeing the party line when it comes to their research, some are working toward encouraging academic freedom in the country, often at significant risk to themselves and their families.
Are the concentration benefits just a marketing ploy?
Though fidget spinners have been around since the early 1990s, it was 2017 when they really started to make a stir, becoming a seemingly overnight sensation and starting to appear in offices, classrooms, public transport and pretty much anywhere else they were permitted.
Here are 10 physics courses you can take now with some of the best experts in the world.
- You can find numerous physics courses currently available online for free.
- Courses are taught by instructors with amazing credits like Nobel Prizes and field-defining work.
- Topics range from introductory to Einstein's theory of relativity, particle physics, dark energy, quantum mechanics, and more.
Whether the data prove you right or wrong, it's crucial to ask: what else is it telling me?
- In 2018, Dr. Jim Allison was awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine for discovering an effective way to attack cancer through immunology.
- In his lab, Allison urges researchers to get rid of the idea that they can prove something with science. All they can do is fail to disprove.
- Jim Allison is the subject of Jim Allison: Breakthrough, a documentary narrated by Woody Harrelson that brings filmmakers and scientists together to tell the story of a Nobel Prize-winning cancer discovery that changed the world. In cinemas September 27th, 2019.
Research found that overweight children were just as smart but not as successful.