The world's always been changing, but it feels like it's never changed so quickly as it does now. What life skills will that render obsolete?
- Experts estimate that a full 47% of today's jobs may be replaced by automation and AI.
- As those jobs disappear, so too will the important skills associated with them.
- This list describes the top three life skills that will either disappear in the future or change so profoundly that we may no longer recognize them.
You wouldn't think even a 10-second break would help, but it does.
A 2019 ranking of all 50 states' education systems shows the Sunshine State serves its college students well.
- Florida may be the butt of many jokes, but its higher education system is second to none.
- However, the state's PreK-12 education lacks comparatively, giving Massachusetts the top spot for the best education overall.
- Americans believe their state governments should prioritize education, but much work needs to be done to catch up to other countries.
Cook's commencement speech at Tulane University urges students to take action.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gave a commencement speech at Tulane University on May 18th.
- Cook cautioned the graduates to not get caught up in echo chambers and algorithms.
- He acknowledged the failures of his generation.
A recent incident in Rhode Island highlights the ongoing problem of student debt.
- Students in the Warwick school district were informed that unpaid debts would result in cold sandwiches for lunch.
- An uproar ensued from irate parents and celebrities, accusing the district of lunch shaming.
- 76 percent of American school districts currently have school lunch debt.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.