The great mythologist reminds us that our bliss is part of our suffering.
- The famous academic will forever be known for his message to "follow your bliss".
- George Lucas admitted that Star Wars was heavily influenced by Campbell.
- The Power of Myth remains one of the most popular public television series of all time.
As this typewritten map shows, constraints can be freeing.
- An old Royal Safari II typewriter was used to make this effective and attractive map.
- Although they're relatively easy to make, typewriter maps are rare.
- The mapmaker has received numerous commissions; will typewritten maps be the cartographic hype of 2019?
The best-selling author tells us his methods.
- James Patterson has sold 300 million copies of his 130 books, making him one of the most successful authors alive today.
- He talks about how some writers can overdo it by adding too much research, or worse, straying from their outline for too long.
- James' latest book, The President is Missing, co-written with former President Bill Clinton, is out now.
The ability to speak clearly, succinctly, and powerfully is easier than you think
The ability to communicate effectively can make or break a person's assessment of your intelligence, competence, and authenticity.
The 71-year-old author suggests replacing the adjective "amazing" with something more "pungent & specific".
- In a tweet published Sunday night, Stephen King asked writers to stop using the word "amazing".
- Many users agreed, also suggesting that similarly overused adjectives like "awesome" be retired.
- In his 2000 bestselling book "On Writing: A Memoir to the Craft", King offered similar advice on overusing adverbs.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.