An amateur astronomer discovers an interstellar comet on its way to our Sun.
The Von Braun Space Station, based on the concepts of a controversial scientist, is moving ahead with construction plans.
- The Gateway Foundation is building a space hotel, based on the concepts of a Nazi and American rocket scientist Wernher von Braun.
- The space station is expected to be operational by 2025.
- The company plans to assemble it in orbit, using robots and drones.
Exploring the idea that objects we perceive in everyday life do not reflect objective reality.
- Professor of cognitive science Donald Hoffman presents his theory that the world we perceive is a virtual reality. Hoffman has tested this theory by running successful computer simulations that suggest there is no objective reality.
- When it comes to Nick Bostrom's simulation theory, Hoffman agrees with parts and disagrees with others. Hoffman argues that, while space time and physical objects do not correspond with objective reality, conscious experiences like the smell of garlic and the feel of velvet cannot be produced by the simulation.
- "You can't start with unconscious ingredients and boot up consciousness," Hoffman says.
The alleged identity theft may be the first space crime.
- NASA astronaut Anne McClain was accused by her ex-wife for identity theft.
- The alleged crime was committed on the International Space Station from a NASA computer.
- Current legal channels exist to solve this dispute, but more heinous or international space crimes are going to be harder to reconcile.