Bishop Omar Jahwar explains that before mentors can inspire others, they have to be inspired themselves.
- What kind of work does a mentor do? Many expect that mentors can only help others that have been in the same situation as their mentees, but this is not the case.
- What matters is that mentors can see their mentees' potential so that they can help them move away from the situation that they are in and towards the person that they actually are.
- The opinions expressed in this video do not necessarily reflect the views of the Charles Koch Foundation, which encourages the expression of diverse viewpoints within a culture of civil discourse and mutual respect.
New research suggests that we should think twice before asking for input from a very wide range of people.
- Former NASA astronaut Leland Melvin is the only person to catch a pass in the NFL and in space.
- Here, he shares his thoughts on living in a state of grace and advocating for justice.
- Humanity's future is among the stars and to get there, we'll need everyone's diverse talents.
Sisu is an ancient concept that is an integral part of Finland's national character.
- Sisu is an important Finnish concept that helps natives tap into an "unexplored inner strength."
- Researcher Emilia Lahti surveyed over 1,000 Finnish citizens to discover what the term means to them.
- Lahti discovered her own sisu when completing 50 ultramarathons in 50 consecutive days to fight domestic violence.