Swipe right to make the connections that could change your career.
Swipe right. Match. Meet over coffee or set up a call.
No, we aren't talking about Tinder. Introducing Shapr, a free app that helps people with synergistic professional goals and skill sets easily meet and collaborate.
If you're not failing, you're not learning.
- Diversity in exercise is an essential component of a good fitness diet.
- Constantly pushing your physical boundaries provides equally valuable neurological benefits.
- These seven exercises and tools are worth integrating into your regimen in 2019.
To go beyond meaning you might need a helpful phrase.
- Koans are one of the most meaningful practices in Zen Buddhism.
- Usually translated as "nonsensical," the sentences have much greater purpose.
- Breaking beyond concepts in meditation is a driving factor of the koan.
The countdown continues! This is the 9th most popular video of 2018 — and great fuel for starting a new year.
- David Goggins is scary tough. He is the only person to have completed Navy SEAL training (including two Hell Weeks), Air Force tactical air controller training, and U.S. Army Ranger School.
- Not that he was always a super soldier: Goggins once weighed 300lbs and was by his own admission lazy and undisciplined.
- Here, Goggins explains how he transformed himself and won the war in his mind—from positive self-talk and building a 'cookie jar' of resilience, to the 40% rule, here's how you can learn to push past your own mind games.
- You can follow David on Twitter and Instagram @davidgoggins and Facebook.
This is the most talked about Big Think video of 2018! What's your take?
- American childhood is going, going… gone, says Professor Jonathan Haidt.
- In the mid-'90s there was a sharp shift to overprotective parenting. In previous generations, kids were allowed to out of the house unsupervised from age 5-8, which has now become age 12-16. As a result, their independence, resilience, and problem-solving skills suffer.
- "Give childhood back to kids so that they do what they most need to do, which is develop the skills of being an independent adult. Remember that the job of a parent is to work him or herself out of a job."
- As a resource for parents, Jonathan Haidt recommends letgrow.org.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.