We found 10 video games that kids will love (and they'll secretly be learning, too).
- Educational video games endure a gimcrack reputation for being boring.
- We list 10 games that can help players learn and may improve their cognitive skills.
- The American Psychological Association recognizes other benefits to playing video games, including social and motivational.
Could your urge to check emails — instead of finishing that major project — be a response to an uncomfortable emotional state?
- It's easy to stumble down a rabbit hole when we consider the action beneficial like checking emails, stock prices, or sports scores.
- However, if these seemingly beneficial actions take the place of something else we intended to do, they're just distractions. And we've been moved to these distraction as a psychological response to discomfort.
- The truth is that distraction comes from within, and time management is just another form of pain management.
The key? Focus on flavor.
What could be better than "do unto others as you would have others do unto you"?
Recognizing the opportunity the future holds can help you better manage the challenges to come.
- Effective leadership comes from, in part, an understanding of the challenges the future might hold.
- Because optimists are able to focus the opportunities the future presents — instead of the impossibilities — they make great leaders.
- An understanding of science plays a part in more clearly seeing the future, which contributes to better decision-making as a leader.