Controversial map names CEOs of 100 companies producing 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Just 100 companies produce 71 percent of the world's greenhouse gases.
- This map lists their names and locations, and their CEOs.
- The climate crisis may be too complex for these 100 people to solve, but naming and shaming them is a good start.
Hungarian cartographer travels the world while mapping its treasures.
- Simple idea, stunning result: the world's watersheds in glorious colors.
- The maps are the work of Hungarian cartographer Robert Szucs.
- His job: to travel and map the world, one good cause at a time.
Japan looks to replace China as the primary source of critical metals
- Enough rare earth minerals have been found off Japan to last centuries
- Rare earths are important materials for green technology, as well as medicine and manufacturing
- Where would we be without all of our rare-earth magnets?
Indiana ranks 3rd in coal consumption, but a primary energy utility there just declared the end of coal by 2028
- Where politicians fail, economic realities mean renewables are far less expensive: A savings of $4 billion over the next 30 years
- Indiana is 7th in coal production and 3rd in consumption; this is due to change rapidly
- The big winners? Solar and wind energies
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.