Focusing on the present moment has some strange effects on how people estimate stretches of time.
- A recent study asked people to estimate short and long intervals of time after completing a mindfulness meditation exercise.
- The results showed that all the participants reported that time seemed to pass more quickly than it did in reality.
- Neuroscience research shows that meditation can help reduce anxiety and increase happiness.
The more research conducted on psychedelics, the closer we get to new therapeutic models.
- During a mindfulness retreat, participants that tried psilocybin reported having a richer cognitive and emotional experience.
- The effects of psilocybin were prominent even four months after the retreat.
- The combination of psychedelics and meditation is a field that's ripe for study in therapeutic settings.
An expert's take on how to ace your exams through mindfulness.
- Being here and in the present is a necessity, if you want to excel in any situation.
- Author Logan Thompson explores in his new book how mindfulness is one of the most important aspects of test taking.
- Mindfulness is something that anyone can take up.
Existential dread, meet astronomical wonder.
- The universe is huge, and we're not. This fact has given rise to countless existential crises.
- You don't have to be left in dread after looking at the night sky, however.
- Astronomer Michelle Thaller has an excellent meditation on why the vastness of space can be revitalizing.
Meditation doesn't just reduce stress or make you a more spiritual person; it changes your brain in a variety of ways that can make it easier to learn new information.
- Mindfulness meditation has been shown to have a wide array of effects on the human brain.
- Many of those effects work together to improve the human brain's ability to learn new information.
- If you're interested in becoming a smarter human being, consider incorporating meditation into your daily routine.