Our lives have been transformed by the coronavirus pandemic. How can we successfully adapt to the new demands and rules of a society that is sheltering in place? What can we do to nurture our minds and keep our moods in check during a time of unprecedented stress? In this interactive live session, Sharon Salzberg, meditation teacher and co-founder of the Insight Meditation Society (IMS), shares her expertise on meditation and mindfulness practices that can help you thrive in isolation; the best strategies for coping with confined cohabitation, remote work and boredom; and ways we can prioritize and protect our mental health and happiness.
Combining various mindfulness-based interventions (MBIs) can have numerous health benefits, according to new research.
- Mindfulness is typically described as the ability to become more aware of your physical, mental, and emotional well-being at the present moment, without any negative perceptions.
- In a 2019 UK-based study, participants who tailored various self-help practices to fit their individual circumstances and anxieties found them much more beneficial after as little as 5 minutes per day.
- Different mindfulness techniques fit well together – here, we take a look at how to tailor various combinations to suit your individual needs.
Mindfulness has been clinically proven to help you de-stress and boost positive feelings
- A recent study showed that 40 days of mindfulness training lead to structural changes in the brain and helps improve quality of life.
- Previous research has shown meditation to be helpful in reducing emotional pain.
- Daily mindfulness practice helps practitioners maintain focus and boost their cognitive abilities.
None of us know where this is heading, but we can still learn from the moment.
- During times of crisis an opportunity for learning exists.
- Given that many of us are stressed, finding ways to alleviate anxiety is important.
- While the skills you can learn from home are endless, this list offers five timely options.
Relax Melodies is the most positively reviewed app in the history of the App Store.
- Blue light negatively impacts the secretion of melatonin, making it harder for smartphone and computer users to sleep.
- Meditation has been shown to have a positive impact on sleep by increasing specific neurochemicals while decreasing stress.
- Relax Melodies can help you get the sleep you need, and it's on sale.