Technology proves what women know and men may not want to hear
- Schweppes commissioned research into how often women are touched by strangers
- A sensor-equipped dress designed by Ogilvy captured the party experience of three women
- The experiment confirms for men what women have known all along
Luxembourg will offer the world's first fare-free public transit system, but is there really such a thing as a free ride?
- To combat congestion, Luxembourg aims to become the first country to implement fare-free public transit services.
- Other European nations are considering similar courses, but across the pond the United States continues to fumble its public transportation to deleterious effects.
- Luxembourg's goal is noble, but it will have to overcome historic trends showing such fare-free systems rarely work in the long run.
A new study warns of millions of "lost Einsteins".
- A new study reveals the economic class from which most U.S. inventors come.
- Wealth, race, and gender are all factors in innovation.
- Exposure to innovators and inventions in childhood can bridge the gap.
The Great White North has found a way to provide universal healthcare with more salubrious results and trimmed national costs. Take notes, America.
- The United States scores dramatically lower than other high-income countries in healthcare benchmarks, despite overspending them.
- A recent report published in JAMA suggests this discrepancy results from runaway administrative costs and U.S. practitioners charging more for the same medical services.
- By taking lessons from Canada's single-payer system, the U.S. may be able to reduce its healthcare costs but simultaneously improve medical access for wider range of the population.
Bishop Jahwar saw first-hand that prison often doesn't work as intended.
- Most people who go to prison are not incorrigible criminals - just normal people who made mistakes.
- The prison system can become breeding ground for antisocial behaviors.
- Bishop Jahwar worked with prisoners to help them retain the core of who they were and "take masks off".
- The opinions expressed in this video do not necessarily reflect the views of the Charles Koch Foundation, which encourages the expression of diverse viewpoints within a culture of civil discourse and mutual respect.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.