Should doctors allow their expertise to trump patient's personal goals — or should they yield to it?
- Our health care system right now prizes efficiency, rather than embedding an ethics committee throughout a patient's treatment.
- The challenge of being a medical ethicist is bringing "airy" concepts into clinical practice.
- Sometimes the solutions to ethical issues become established via legal precedent.
One compound could help combat drug resistance.
We're putting the "care" back into "healthcare."
100 percent fruit juice is still 100 percent sugar.
- Research at the University of Waterloo claims that taxing fruit juice results in healthier purchasing habits.
- Participants that were taxed "produced greater reductions in sugars and calories than those that did not."
- Experts say that stripping fruit of its fiber for juice is a dubious nutritional practice.
New technology could predict cancer up to 5 years in advance.