De Beauvoir finds that the ‘strong woman’ is actually just bound to housework
The way children draw human figures has changed since the 1970s, reflecting modern society's attitudes to gender — German study
Study finds both a possible rise in gender equality and gender differentiation.
Being a successful caregiver is part of today's definition of manhood.
- The biggest example of a change in men's gendered behavior in recent years is the transformation of fatherhood. Nowadays, the definition of manhood has increasingly included being a present, and good caregiver.
- Women have historically been burdened with childcare and housework. So much so that they usually longer off time off for parental leave. Also, they're the ones tending to take off work if their kid is sick. Because of this heavy role in parenting, many women have not been able to advance far in the workforce.
- By men doing half of the care work, it's boosted women's empowerment. It's also great for children's emotional development and well-being. It's also great for men, too, because, as a result of being a successful caregiver, men are more likely to build up a sense of empathy, which can help them in leadership positions.
Lauren Miranda sent a nude selfie to a boyfriend years ago. Somehow one of her students discovered it.
- Math teacher Lauren Miranda was fired from her Long Island school when a topless selfie surfaced.
- Miranda had only shared the photo with her ex-boyfriend, who is also a teacher in the school district.
- She's suing the school for $3 million as well as getting her job back, citing gender discrimination.
In her new Netflix special, Amy Schumer gets real about fear.
Jemal Countess / Stringer (Getty Images)
- In Growing, Amy Schumer says women fear violence most, while for men it's ridicule.
- She points to grade school, when boys being violent to girls is supposed to represent courting.
- About 91 percent of rape victims are women, creating a fear in women that men rarely have to endure.