Food is about to change.
- IBM's 2019 5 in 5 predicts major changes on the horizon.
- Food chain technology, from farmers' financing to desktop pathogen sensors, is about to explode.
- IBM and others have big ideas about reducing famine and food-borne illness.
The Canadian professor takes issue with blocking free speech, but is he part of the problem?
- Alongside Dave Rubin, Jordan Peterson left Patreon over "free speech" issues to launch their own platform.
- In the interim, Peterson is accepting bitcoin, which might hint at the "extra features" their platform will include.
- They point to anti-feminist Youtuber, Sargon of Akkad, as the impetus for leaving Patreon — ironic, considering how often Peterson points to identity politics as a problem.
Despite incredible economic growth, it is not necessarily an investor's paradise.
- China's stock market is just 27 years old. It's economy has grown 30x over that time.
- Imagine if you had invested early and gotten in on the ground floor.
- Actually, you would have lost money. Here's how that's possible.
Hold the press... college might be a bad idea. Unless we change something.
- College went from being a beneficial step in a young person's life to a huge financial burden for decades into their life.
- Since the 1970s, the cost of education has gone up between 400–1200%, depending on the kind of school you go to.
- Can we turn it around? Only societal change — and a good hard look in the mirror — can really make college a better move for young Americans.
Regenerative capitalism challenges the belief that business success and environmental concerns are inherently at odds.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.