Having these financial life skills can help you navigate challenging economic environments.
- Americans are swimming in increasingly higher amounts of debt, even the upper middle class.
- For many, this burden can be alleviated by becoming familiar with some straightforward financial concepts.
- Here's some essential financial life skills needed to ensure your economic wellbeing.
Education shouldn't just be about preparing us for the workforce. It should prepare us for life.
- A stunning number of adults seem to be coasting by without knowledge of what many would consider extremely basic life skills.
- From financial literacy to learning how to communicate, the U.S. education system could stand to incorporate courses on the basic skills we need to navigate daily life.
- This list describes 5 life skills, why we need them in our schools, and the consequences of their absence.
Tax megacorps like Amazon to fund universal basic income, says 2020 presidential candidate Andrew Yang.
- The Freedom Dividend is a universal basic income proposal initiated by 2020 presidential candidate Andrew Yang.
- Yang's plan would give $1,000 a month, or $12,000 per year, to every American over the age of 18, every year. This would get every U.S. adult just below the poverty line which is currently $12,770 a year.
- How would it be funded? Yang suggests a value added tax on megacorps like Amazon (which paid zero tax last year). Funnel that money back into the American's people's hands to boost the economy, improve mental health, increase education and lower violence.
Being on shaky financial footing is making Americans dumber.
- Not being able to pay your bills has the functional equivalent of lowering your IQ by 13 points. Many Americans have scarcity mindsets because of their inability to pay their bills.
- In a scarcity mindset, your functional bandwidth decreases — it influences you to be less generous and less reasonable.
- The opposite of a mindset of scarcity is a mindset of abundance, which is what many entrepreneurs have. Abundance mindsets tend to build on to themselves if the environment is right.
- The best technology fades into the background of our lives.
- Cryptocurries will do the same, becoming a new asset class for investors like stocks and bonds.
- Soon people will ask: "Do you have cryptocurrency in your investment porfolio?"
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.