From LED-equipped visors to transparent masks, these inventions aim to thwart facial recognition cameras.
- To combat the rise of facial-recognition technology, designers have created clothing and accessories that helps to conceal people's identities from A.I.
- Although some of these inventions appear to be effective, their main point seems to be to raise awareness about facial-recognition technology.
- In the U.S., surveys suggests that most Americans would oppose strictly limiting the government's ability to use facial-recognition technology.
It can supposedly cool you down by 23 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The Reon Pocket is a Bluetooth device that fits inside your shirt.
- A Sony-affiliated startup recently launched a crowdfunding campaign to develop the device.
- Currently marketed toward businessmen who wear suits, the designers hope to offer the Reon Pocket to more types of customers in the future.
Go ahead, try and be different.
- Anti-conformists have an odd way of ending up looking like each other.
- A Brandeis mathematician looks at how this synchronicity occurs.
- Understanding the mechanism behind non-conformist conformity has applications in other areas, like the stock market.
Seemingly small moments of discrimination often pass unnoticed.
- While the #metoo movement has focused on sexual misconduct, there are many ways discrimination pervades society.
- Wearing makeup should be a choice, not a male-directed demand, many women stated in an informal survey.
- Since going makeup free in 2016, Alicia Keys says it has been empowering.
A scientific study of the legendary drinker.