We've known this virus was coming. We just didn't do anything about it.
- As far back as 2007, researchers warned about a novel coronavirus emerging from SARS.
- Long before that, experts knew that factory farms create the conditions for pandemics.
- Pandemics will be part of our lives as long as we continue our current methods of meat production.
Americans consume the most toilet paper in the world but it's a very wasteful product to manufacture, according to the numbers.
- Toilet paper consumption is unsustainable and requires a tremendous amount of resources to produce.
- Americans use the most toilet paper in the world and have been hoarding it due to coronavirus.
- Alternatives to toilet paper are gaining more popularity with the public.
Amid the panic of the COVID-19 pandemic, are we building the surveillance states of tomorrow?
- Edward Snowden is a former CIA contractor who exposed NSA mass surveillance programs.
- In a recent interview, Snowden expressed concern over the ways in which governments are using technology to track the spread of the virus.
- These new tracking measures may someday be repurposed to advance governments' mass surveillance programs, Snowden warned.
Need to isolate? No problem! This philosopher is keeping the world posted on his isolation routine by Facebook.
- Like everybody else, Romanian philosopher Mihai Sora is stuck inside.
- He is keeping busy for a 103-year-old man, and keeping the world up to date on his indoor adventures with Facebook.
- His to-do list is impressive, but not so impressive it can't be used by most people.
What symptoms to watch for, how to get tested, what to do if you're sick, and when to go to the doctor.
- Differences in symptoms exist between a cold, the flu and coronavirus.
- The CDC issued specific recommendations about what to do if you're sick and when to get tested.
- Calling the doctor is important if you feel sick or have questions.