The FDA calls out creators of genetically tweaked hornless bulls.
- Hornless bull clones turn out to have questionable genomes.
- Scientists were so confident they didn't even look for transgenic DNA.
- No one's sure what to do with the offspring.
A new report sees a major disruption in where we get our food.
- We're just a few years from the tipping point in engineered food.
- Traditional agriculture's 10,000-year-run is about over.
- Better foods, tastier foods, and cheaper foods are on the way.
Professor George Church creates a gene "wishlist" that can lead to superhuman abilities.
- Harvard geneticist George Church makes a list of genes that could be modified to enhance human abilities.
- The list tracks both positive and negative effects.
- Redesigning humans can lead to posthumans or transhumans.
A unique 3D model allows researchers to explore embryonic development.
- Researchers observe the beginning of embryonic stem cells dividing into upper and lower body sections.
- An interdisciplinary team invents an impressively accurate 10-day-old "embryoid."
- The team's model may be important to other future research on pregnancy.
Our clever human hands may soon be outdone.
- MIT-affiliated researchers develop a hypersensitive glove that can capture the way in which we handle objects.
- The data captured by the glove can be "learned" by a neural net.
- Smart tactile interaction will be invaluable when A.I.-based robots start to interact with objects — and us.