How many abortions are actually performed? Numbers reveal the complexity in the raging debate.
- The American society is close to split on the legality of abortions.
- 45,789,558 abortions were carried out in the U.S. between 1970 and 2015.
- The abortion numbers are at an all-time low now, trending almost half of what they were.
Why are soda and ice cream each linked to violence? This article delivers the final word on what people mean by "correlation does not imply causation."
The controversy around the Torah codes gets a new life.
- Mathematicians claim to see a predictive pattern in the ancient Torah texts.
- The code is revealed by a method found with special computer software.
- Some events described by reading the code took place after the code was written.
We can “read” genes with ease now, but still can’t say what most of them “mean.” To show why we need clearer “causology” and fitter metaphors, let's scrutinize cars and their parts like we do bodies and genes.
Is "science broken" or self-correcting? And who is going to do the grown-up thing and fix the game (instead of scoring points within it)?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.