Immigrants add way more to the American economy than they take.
- Andrew Yang said immigrants are being scapegoated for racist reasons during the last presidential debate.
- 45 percent of Fortune 500 companies were founded by immigrants or their children, making a $6.1 trillion economic impact.
- Even undocumented immigrants pay an estimated $11.6 billion a year in taxes, overturning the myth that they're "takers."
Have you ever noticed how almost all robots are racialized as white?
- A recent pair of studies examined peoples' perceptions of robots of different colors.
- The results suggest that seeing robots can activate racial biases in people, in similar ways that seeing real-life people does.
- The researchers said the robotics industry has nothing to lose by increasing the diversity of robots.
Autism is a widely misunderstood condition surrounded by falsehoods, half-truths, and cultural assumptions.
- Autism-spectrum disorder covers a wide range of neurodevelopmental conditions that are highly individualized.
- The prevalence of autism continues to increase in the United States, not due to vaccines but increased awareness and improved diagnosis.
- Autism awareness is crucial as treatment strategies are more effective if accessed early.
It isn't surprising, but what's behind the straight-white-male hegemony?
Discrimination is up across the board.
- A new poll by PPRI found that nearly a quarter of Americans say it's okay to not serve atheists on religious grounds.
- The pro-discrimination number was even higher regarding gays and lesbians.
- Bias against Jews, Muslims, and African Americans is also increasing.