They cost about $11 and contain 60mg of THC, the main psychoactive component of marijuana, and 10mg of CBD.
- A new observational study will ask 400 women to track their menstrual symptoms over the course of a few months during which they'll administer marijuana suppositories.
- Marijuana suppositories are designed to alleviate the pain and stress of periods.
- The observational study is described as a "first step," with the ultimate goal being a clinical trial that includes placebos.
With the approval of a childhood epilepsy medication the federal government can no longer claim marijuana has no medical benefit.
- For the first time in nearly a half-century, the federal government has approved a medication with a cannabis compound.
- CBD is all the rage in health food stores, but credible research is needed to know what therapeutic applications hold up.
- DEA officer says this could signal a "sea change" in the legalization of cannabis-related products.
The first medicinal marijuana patient in Texas uses it to treat severe epilepsy. And although 10 companies are allowed to grow marijuana within Texas state borders, the substance itself is still illegal.
Texas passed a certain milestone as it became the 30th state in the U.S. to administer legal medical marijuana after doctors in central Texas prescribed CDB oil to a 6 year-old girl with epilepsy.
A Midwestern university has created a first-of-its-kind program in medicinal plant chemistry that focuses on marijuana.
- About 7–8 percent of the nation's population will have PTSD at some point in their lifetime.
- Military veterans nationwide want those diagnosed with PTSD to be able to get a VA doctor's recommendation for medical marijuana.
- Experts say that more studies are needed to prop up the claims that marijuana effectively treats PTSD
PTSD develops after a person experiences, or is a witness to, a life-threatening or traumatic event — a natural disaster, for example — or is exposed to combat, or sexual or physical abuse. Symptoms can include and range from anxiety, insomnia and hypervigilance, to struggling with disturbing memories, or managing emotions and behaviors.