The Canadian professor has been on the Joe Rogan Experience six times. There's a lot of material to discuss.
- Jordan Peterson has constantly been in the headlines for his ideas on gender over the last three years.
- While on Joe Rogan's podcast, he explains his thoughts on the gender differences in society.
- On another episode, Peterson discusses the development of character through competition.
Mistakes are part of learning, not a failure of character.
- Americans treat mistakes as character flaws, write Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson.
- The Japanese, by contrast, treat errors as an essential part of personal growth.
- Coming clean about our mistakes helps us earn trust and feel better about ourselves.
Owning your mistakes matters.
- Jordan Peterson says that recognizing your mistakes is essential, but you shouldn't "beat yourself to death" because of them.
- Atoning and repenting for mistakes clear the path for personal growth.
- If you avoid the responsibility of your errors, however, you're likely to make them again and again.
Everyone is a work in progress — even these household names.
Inspirational quotes can offer invaluable advice and wisdom. Here at Thrive, we often look to new role models like Michelle Obama, Jennifer Aniston, Oprah Winfrey, and more for thoughtful commentary on everything from how to find happiness on your own terms to how you can finally conquer self-doubt. Here are some of the top quotes that we shared on our Instagram in 2018 — they feature smart, practical advice that will help guide you in 2019.
Study identifies the most effective mental strategies that people use to get through aversive challenges
What strategies do you use to push through a tough challenge, be it a run on a treadmill or a stressful phone call with your boss? Perhaps you remind yourself of what you have to gain from completing the task, or you use distraction, or you think about the bad things that will happen if you give in?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.