Sometimes you have to take the road less traveled.
- Creativity is not a magical force, but a discipline that's hard-won through patience and fortitude.
- Breaking free from your comfort zone is often required to live a more creative life.
- These four suggestions from psychologists and neuroscientists provide insights into injecting more creativity into your craft.
Pulitzer Prize-winner Jared Diamond explains why some nations make it through epic crises and why others fail.
- "A country is not going to resolve a national crisis unless it acknowledges that it's in a crisis," says Jared Diamond. "If you don't, you're going to get nowhere. Many Americans still don't recognize today that the United States is descending into a crisis."
- The U.S. tends to focus on "bad countries" like China, Canada and Mexico as the root of its problems, however Diamond points out the missing piece: Americans are generating their own problems.
- The crisis the U.S. is experiencing is not cause for despair. The U.S. has survived many tragedies, such as the War of Independence and the Great Depression – history is proof that the U.S. can get through this current crisis too.
New research shows elevated risks of anxiety, depression, and suicide linked to perfectionism.
- A study of 41,641 college students shows that perfectionism is increasing year after year.
- Along with perfectionist tendencies, researchers noted a symmetrical rise in anxiety, depression, and suicide.
- The study looks not at parental influence, but at neoliberal policies that have fostered a cult of individualism.
- Former NASA astronaut Leland Melvin is the only person to catch a pass in the NFL and in space.
- Here, he shares his thoughts on living in a state of grace and advocating for justice.
- Humanity's future is among the stars and to get there, we'll need everyone's diverse talents.
The Canadian professor has been on the Joe Rogan Experience six times. There's a lot of material to discuss.
- Jordan Peterson has constantly been in the headlines for his ideas on gender over the last three years.
- While on Joe Rogan's podcast, he explains his thoughts on the gender differences in society.
- On another episode, Peterson discusses the development of character through competition.