Is capitalism naturally unempathetic?
Understanding cognitive development and stress in children can add context to systems of education.
- The majority of growth of the human brain happens after birth.
- While unrelenting stress can damage developing structures of the limbic system, calibrated challenge can positively stimulate brain growth. Teachers have an important role in assuring students of their safety when taking on new challenges.
- This video is supported by yes. every kid., an initiative that aims to rethink education from the ground up by connecting innovators in a shared mission to conquer "one size fits all" education reform.
With the interest of these tech giants, it looks like cryptocurrencies are here to stay.
- Cryptocurrencies have, until recently, seemed to be in a slump.
- Tech giants including Amazon, Google, Yahoo!, and Facebook are making moves, indicating that cryptocurrencies will soon become a bigger part of their platform.
- This renewed interest and could cause the price of cryptocurrencies to spike again in the near future.
Books that will sharpen the youthful mind.
- Allegories like Orwell's Animal Farm take complex ideas and turn them into an approachable tale.
- Aesop's Fables ancient insight is still relevant for any human growing up today.
- The Little Prince teaches children to view the world through a more wondrous lens of reality.
Moving from HOT to HAT, a dazzling new acoustic technology.
- Scientists announce the ability to simultaneously manipulate individual levitated objects.
- Using high-frequency sound waves may provide a safer alternative to laser microsurgery.
- Video of the research looks like a cartoon, but it's all real.