Books that will sharpen the youthful mind.
- Allegories like Orwell's Animal Farm take complex ideas and turn them into an approachable tale.
- Aesop's Fables ancient insight is still relevant for any human growing up today.
- The Little Prince teaches children to view the world through a more wondrous lens of reality.
Moving from HOT to HAT, a dazzling new acoustic technology.
- Scientists announce the ability to simultaneously manipulate individual levitated objects.
- Using high-frequency sound waves may provide a safer alternative to laser microsurgery.
- Video of the research looks like a cartoon, but it's all real.
Cryptocurrencies have had their time in the spotlight. Now it's time to focus on solving bigger problems.
- The internet has witnessed many big developments since it was created. The next big one will be decentralization.
- Right now, the internet is centralized, which cause many issues, not the least of which is big companies having power over vast amounts of data.
- Over the past few years there has been a major increase in the number of decentralized projects working on making the decentralized web a reality in the near future.
Amazon could be the next big tech firm to find itself in the eye of a data privacy storm.
- This year the Cambridge Analytica scandal broke, implicating Facebook and creating mass data privacy concern.
- Concerns have been raised of Amazon user information being leaked to third parties on a regular basis.
- With the amount of sensitive information and huge number of users on the Amazon platform, this is no small concern.
Research shows that employers are working to find more talent in the blockchain space, and they're willing to pay higher rates for it.
- A study by Glassdoor found that demand for blockchain work has risen 300% since last year.
- Glassdoor reported the median starting salary for blockchain job openings was over $32,000 higher than the median US salary, an increase of 61.8%.
- Despite the issues in the current crypto market, blockchain technology appears to have a bright future.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.