To stay on top in the business world, you have to make sure your business model matches the times.
- Digital has rendered many older business models less relevant. Because of this, many established companies are undergoing fundamental restructuring so that they are better "pivoted" for the future.
- The higher-ups at companies are constantly looking for ways to take advantage of trapped value — where there's something you can do that adds more value for your customers or that allows you to respond in a way that your competitors can't match.
- When it comes to effective restructuring, it's important to stay attuned to the changing behaviors of your customers.
Is capitalism naturally unempathetic?
Understanding cognitive development and stress in children can add context to systems of education.
- The majority of growth of the human brain happens after birth.
- While unrelenting stress can damage developing structures of the limbic system, calibrated challenge can positively stimulate brain growth. Teachers have an important role in assuring students of their safety when taking on new challenges.
- This video is supported by yes. every kid., an initiative that aims to rethink education from the ground up by connecting innovators in a shared mission to conquer "one size fits all" education reform.
With the interest of these tech giants, it looks like cryptocurrencies are here to stay.
- Cryptocurrencies have, until recently, seemed to be in a slump.
- Tech giants including Amazon, Google, Yahoo!, and Facebook are making moves, indicating that cryptocurrencies will soon become a bigger part of their platform.
- This renewed interest and could cause the price of cryptocurrencies to spike again in the near future.
Books that will sharpen the youthful mind.
- Allegories like Orwell's Animal Farm take complex ideas and turn them into an approachable tale.
- Aesop's Fables ancient insight is still relevant for any human growing up today.
- The Little Prince teaches children to view the world through a more wondrous lens of reality.