A pragmatic approach to fixing an imbalanced system.
- Intentional or not, certain inequalities are inherent in a digital economy that is structured and controlled by a few corporations that don't represent the interests or the demographics of the majority.
- While concern and anger are valid reactions to these inequalities, UCLA professor Ramesh Srinivasan also sees it as an opportunity to take action.
- Srinivasan says that the digital economy can be reshaped to benefit the 99 percent if we protect laborers in the gig economy, get independent journalists involved with the design of algorithmic news systems, support small businesses, and find ways that groups that have been historically discriminated against can be a part of these solutions.
Get the absolute most out of what Excel can do with this incredible course and become a productivity master. Right now, it's 90% off the regular price.
- The Complete Microsoft Excel and VBA Bundle offers full Excel 2019, 2016 and 2013 training.
- The package also shows how to use VBA, Excel's key programming language.
- The $300 package is on sale now for just $29.99.
Without regulations, implicit bias could shape artificial intelligence into a nightmare for some.
- Implicit biases are feelings and ideas subconsciously attributed to a group or culture based on learned associations and experiences. Everyone has them, but it can be dangerous when those biases are transferred to a powerful technology like AI.
- By keeping the development of artificial intelligence private, we are risking building systems that are intrinsically biased against certain groups.
- Governance and regulations are necessary to ensure that artificial intelligence remains as neutral as possible.
Big data is supercharging almost every industry. It's about time to use it to your advantage when it comes to buying property.
With a virtual private network, you're accessing a separate server for your internet use, making it virtually impossible for hackers or malicious outsiders to track your online activities and hack your accounts.