We can either be fearful of artificial intelligence, or embrace it as a tool to help us improve service.
- Artificial intelligence is already here and it has been taking care of mundane tasks and advising professionals of its findings to help improve service. For instance, doctors refer to A.I.'s findings on x-rays when developing treatment plans for patients.
- In Latvia and China, artificial intelligence programs are already handling small claims in courts of law. This helps free up legal experts to focus on cases that transcend routine offenses.
- Robotics is changing the manufacturing industry because drones and robots are increasingly capable of handling mundane work, monotonous jobs that many humans might find tiring.
The neuralnanorobotics are coming.
- In a new paper, 12 international researchers claim that an "internet of thoughts" might be mere decades away.
- By utilizing neuralnanorobotics, humans will be able to download information from the cloud by thought alone.
- Potential applications in medicine and education make this a promising endeavor, though the consequences are uncertain.
How could we create a technology capable of replacing our own reality?
- Immersion would consist of a complete perception of existing in another world.
- This idea has been the backbone of numerous stories and would be akin to The Matrix world.
- Our current VR technology is nowhere near close to giving us this science fiction experience.
The $480 million contract could lead the company to make more than 100,000 augmented reality headsets for the military.
- Microsoft is set to make prototypes of AR headsets that will feature capabilities including night vision, thermal sensing and instruments that measure vital signs.
- The military already uses AR in some applications, but it's yet to implement the relatively new technology on a large scale.
- It's unclear whether Microsoft employees will protest the recently announced contract.
You are already a cyborg! Here's 10 ways you could merge even more with technology in the coming decade.