Bernie speaks again about what democratic socialism means, and raises a debate about what freedom is.
- Bernie Sanders again spoke about what democratic socialism means to him.
- At one point, he explained how his notion of freedom is possible only in a society that protects economic rights.
- His speech reveals that his thinking goes beyond a mere dedication to economic opportunity.
How does the largest welfare program imaginable have libertarian supporters?
- The idea for a universal basic income, or UBI, is increasingly popular.
- While it seems like a left-wing handout, many prominent right wing thinkers have endorsed the idea.
- The libertarian version of UBI does have a few key differences from the more standard version.
Just when you thought the student loan crisis couldn't get any worse!
- Student debt is a major issue facing Americans.
- The problem is made worse when factoring the large number of predatory schools that exist.
- Students that go to these schools often take out massive loans but get little out of it.
A majority both disapproves of him and think's he'll win next year. What gives?
- A new poll shows a majority of respondents think Trump will win another term next year.
- This is despite the fact that the respondents didn't all approve of Trump.
- Similar polls have been taken for other Presidents at the same point in their first term.