Atheism doesn't offer much beyond non-belief, can Secular Humanism fill the gaps?
- Atheism is increasingly popular, but the lack of an organized community around it can be problematic.
- The decline in social capital once offered by religion can cause severe problems.
- Secular Humanism can offer both community and meaning, but it has also attracted controversy.
Her plan to abolish most student debt has been put before Congress. But does it have any chance of passing?
- Elizabeth Warren made a major policy announcement about education back in April.
- The cornerstone of her announcement, student debt relief, has now been put before congress.
- The bill currently has no chance of passage, but that could change if the people who support it actually voted.
We know he is on the left, but why? And how left is left anyhow?
- Slavoj Žižek is perhaps the world's best known Marxist.
- He has frequently argued for the replacement of capitalism with a new system.
- His suggestions for what we do about capitalism are milder than you'd think though.
A new survey suggests that free money isn't as popular as you'd suppose.
- A new survey shows a majority of people making more than $125,000 a year oppose a basic income plan.
- The survey also showed how age and political affiliation relates to support for the idea.
- This news should put a major damper on any hopes that the United States will get around to basic income anytime soon.