America is polarized, but not as much as you might think.
- A new study finds that Americans aren't as politically polarized as you might think.
- Respondents generally agreed on the issues of climate change, free speech, and the value of international agreements.
- The study also found that majorities want a smaller government that provides more services.
Can changing who delivers your electricity to you solve a slew of problems?
- Cities and movements across the country are considering running their own electric utilities.
- These operations, known as municipal utilities, are already widespread and have a respectable track record.
- Representatives of the campaigns to implement municipal control see this as a path to a green, democratic future.
While legalization has benefits, a new study suggests it may have one big drawback.
- A new study finds that rates of marijuana use and addiction have gone up in states that have recently legalized the drug.
- The problem was most severe for those over age of 26, with cases of addiction rising by a third.
- The findings complicate the debate around legalization.
An Italian firm has put forward an idea for a green city that would be completely self-sustaining, modern, and green.
- An Italian architecture firm has proposed a sustainable city for Mexico.
- The plans call for a 100 percent self-sufficient metropolis, with renewable energy, Venetian canals, and endless green space.
- This design is one of many "smart city" proposals as of late that point to a new form of urbanism.