The rules have changed, and so have we.
- The widget economy has given way to something entirely different: the passion economy.
- Whereas the previous economy was fueled by mass production and homogeneity, growth in the passion economy involves more specialized products that less people want more intensely.
- This shift creates more dynamic, less linear career paths that evolve and change as you do. Ultimately, this will lead to more fulfilling and better paid work.
From novels to screenwriting, storytelling is one of our most powerful forms of communication.
- Reading has been shown to make you more intelligent and empathic, a trait that good writers learn to master.
- Storytelling is one of the most important forms of communication that humans engage in.
- While "finding your voice" is what writers crave, beginning with the basics is an essential step on any writer's path.
Creating a healthy, cohesive work environment leads to better productivity.
- One of the main responsibilities a manager has is to create an environment where employees can be more productive.
- The quality of work increases when people feel like they are a part of a team working towards a goal bigger than themselves.
- Three tips for creating that kind of work culture are learning to delegate, understanding the jobs of the people you manage, and connecting with as many employees on a one-on-one basis as possible.
The standard face-to-face team is inefficient for employees and employers alike.
- A common misconception is that remote teams are not as productive. That is simply not true.
- While there are pros to having everyone in a centralized location and on the same schedule, a major benefit of having employees work remotely is that it saves time and money.
- Having a remote team also gives companies more freedom to hire employees based on skill, not proximity.
Learn to understand the foundations of modern life and even launch a new career.
- Electrical engineering is the study, design, and application of systems that utilize electricity and electronics.
- Modern applications include power grids, telecommunications, and circuit boards.
- Computing systems such as supercomputers and tablets rely on electrical engineering.