StackSkills Unlimited is offering the ultimate career booster: lifetime access to over 1,000 courses in many of today's most in-demand skill sets.
- StackSkills Unlimited is an online learning resource with over 1,000 skill training courses.
- Over 550,000 students have successfully completed courses in IT, graphic design, finance and more.
- Save over 90% off the regular price
Robots may be able to beat us at chess, but they still have trouble when it comes to soft skills — making sense of human behavior.
- In a rapidly changing work world it's critical to continue evolving your skills — this is especially true as automation's presence in the workforce increases.
- Robots are good at working off of knowledge that we already know, however, they aren't that great when it comes to developing original ideas.
- Though robots are good at jobs founded on patterns and data points, they currently don't excel when it comes to soft skills — that is, they have difficulty dealing with human behavior. On our end, soft skills help us make sense of chaotic environments where the dynamic human element is constantly in play.
There's a reason they call work "work."
I'm a writer (in case that wasn't obvious). I'm also a visual artist and musician, but unlike writing, I don't have the privilege of drawing or singing professionally.
Want to build your skills while working on content that makes you smarter, faster? Apply now.
- Big Think is seeking a social media intern to join its team in December.
- Applicants who know their way around YouTube's creator studio and are skilled in Photoshop will be highly valued.
- Passion for ideas and a broad interest in the world—including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts—is a must.
If you want to be an innovation powerhouse, then you have to marry purpose with boldness.
- When workers are afraid to take risks, or do things differently, then the culture of an organization is hampered in its ability to incubate fresh ideas.
- Innovation is a byproduct of a bold purpose — that is, it's a byproduct of an intrepid mission that organizational members can personally relate to.
- When workers feel their work is meaningful, they are willing to work harder and to go the extra mile in terms of generating ideas and finding solutions to problems.