Superpowerful lasers for next-generation technologies are closer to existence.
- A new study calculates how to create high-energy gamma rays.
- Physicist Allen Mills proposes using liquid helium to make bubbles of positronium, a mixture with antimatter.
- Gamma ray lasers can lead to new technologies in space propulsion, medical imaging and cancer treatment.
Babbel is developed by over 100 linguistic experts and its speech recognition technology assesses your pronunciation so it's "fi 'ahsan al'ahwal" every time.
- A lifetime Babbel subscription can help you learn up to 14 popular languages.
- 10-to-15 minute language lessons focus on building basic conversational skills.
- Babbel's speech recognition technology monitors and assesses your verbal performance.
The internet was built to resist an Orwellian future. Now it's being weaponized.
- Research shows hierarchical groups are more likely to use the internet as a platform.
- This might be counterintuitive, as the original rise of the internet coincided with events like the toppling of top-down structures.
- Despite the strong belief that the internet is horizontal, these hierarchical systems achieve high levels of online participation.
The ONE Mini is a Swiss Army knife of translation tech, interpreting 12 different foreign languages with a host of features.
- The ONE Mini translates and transcribe 12 languages in real time.
- Advanced speech recognition tech produces text or verbal translations instantly.
- Live premium translator service is available through ONE Mini.
Robots may be able to beat us at chess, but they still have trouble when it comes to soft skills — making sense of human behavior.
- In a rapidly changing work world it's critical to continue evolving your skills — this is especially true as automation's presence in the workforce increases.
- Robots are good at working off of knowledge that we already know, however, they aren't that great when it comes to developing original ideas.
- Though robots are good at jobs founded on patterns and data points, they currently don't excel when it comes to soft skills — that is, they have difficulty dealing with human behavior. On our end, soft skills help us make sense of chaotic environments where the dynamic human element is constantly in play.