From novels to screenwriting, storytelling is one of our most powerful forms of communication.
- Reading has been shown to make you more intelligent and empathic, a trait that good writers learn to master.
- Storytelling is one of the most important forms of communication that humans engage in.
- While "finding your voice" is what writers crave, beginning with the basics is an essential step on any writer's path.
A new study at the University of Basel shows how interactive literature has become.
- Researchers at the University of Basel tracked the habits of millions of readers using the platform Wattpad.
- Over 100,000 stories written in over 50 languages are shared every day by predominantly young readers.
- "Social reading"—everything related to the experience of reading ebooks, including bookmarking, sharing, and commenting—has emerged from interacting with digital texts.
It doesn't matter what you're reading, as long as you're reading.
- Studies have shown that reading not only increases intelligence and sharpens emotional capabilities, it can also help reduce the risk of dementia.
- Different types of reading triggers an increase in blood flow to different sections of the brain, so as long as you're reading something, your brain is being exercised.
- When setting reading goals, it's important to remember that it's not the destination that matters but the stories you experience along the way. These products will help make that journey easier and more fun.
The most popular books of the past 125 years, and where to get them.
- New York Public library is celebrating its 125th birthday in 2020. With over 90 locations across New York City's boroughs, it is the nation's largest public library system.
- Based on circulation data, popularity, trends, and other criteria dating back to 1895, these books are considered the library's most checked-out titles of all time.
- "The Snowy Day" by Ezra Jack Keats was checked out 485,583 times and takes the top spot, but one librarian's hatred of another book may have robbed it of the crown.
We've got five great eBook bundles that can get you working in five of the hottest tech fields around, all at a fraction of their original price.
- These eBook bundles cover in-demand skill sets, including cybersecurity, web design, data science, coding and A.I.
- The five collections include five to 20 books each.
- Each bundle is discounted up to 95% off their regular price.