Finally, a means for battling the anti-vaccination movement.
- Talking to people that have experienced vaccine-preventable diseases changes minds.
- Seventy percent of Brigham Young University students shifted their vaccine-hesitant stance.
- This research arrives during a year in which 880 measles cases have been identified in America.
Junk food causes weight gain, but it's not just about the calories.
Don't believe a small reduction in immunization matters?
- Universities of South Florida and Pittsburgh publish an online immunization simulator.
- The simulator shows the stunning effect of even small drops in vaccination rates.
- It's not just anti-vaxxers threatening community health. There are economic and geographical factors as well.
Hearing-related problems are on the rise.
- Noise pollution should be considered a public-health crisis, according to experts that study the problem.
- Between 15-20 percent of humans will suffer from tinnitus during their lives.
- Carbon is not the only catalyst for environmental degradation; entire ecosystems are being destroyed by noise.
Want to eat better but feel like you don't have the money?
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.