A balanced discussion of the realities, the mythologies, and the concerns surrounding cutting-edge brain research.
- A new film, I AM HUMAN, takes a comprehensive look at the realities of neurotechnology today.
- The film follows three patients for whom experimental treatment may be the best option.
- Experts weigh in on the difficulties and the promise of neurotech.
What gives us color now may give rise to our cyborg future.
- Eumelanin is a mildly conductive type of melanin that produces dark pigmentation in hair, eyes, and skin.
- Researchers have just found a way to boost its conductivity without adding foreign materials.
- Eulemanin may be useable as a coating for implanted devices the body won't reject.
The researchers created a special polymer that can make robots repair themselves.
- Scientists are creating robots that can heal themselves.
- Ability to heal is important for soft robots.
- Soft robots can perform delicate operations but can damage easily.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.