Scientists are expert observers. Because of this, they can help us develop a keener view of the world — the cosmos.
- There are many people who have discomfort engaging with a scientific perspective of the world — for some, for instance, it conflicts with what they were taught during their religious upbringings.
- We can all gain a greater view of life — the cosmos — by getting to know scientists, especially when we're at an impasse in our lives.
- Scientists' view of the world retains a "distance" to it — it's observational, fact-driven. This helps with finding consistent principles in nature.
Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why Trump's Space Force is "not a crazy idea".
- The astrophysicist and author Neil deGrasse Tyson discusses why he wanted a Space Force for decades.
- He doesn't think just because Trump proposed it that the Space Force is "a crazy idea".
- Tyson sees important non-military functions for the branch.
Neil deGrasse Tyson, famous in part for using his scientific literacy to point out flaws in TV and movies, recently criticized the good and bad science behind HBO's Game of Thrones.
Neil deGrasse Tyson is working in with video game developers to create a space exploration game called Space Odyssey.