The internet has given us the opportunity to stay informed better than ever. It's also given us the ability to misinform ourselves — delude ourselves — beyond belief.
- The internet has allowed fringe groups founded on paranoid thinking to merge in ways we've never seen before.
- Part of modern political polarization in American is that we're becoming a people who believes in different realities, some of which are based on fears rather than facts. Many of these conspiracy theories are targeted on groups that we believe are plotting against us.
- There is a romanticization that we're going to somehow solve all of life's unknowns, Da Vinci Code-style. However, this ironically may put us at a disadvantage in terms of breaking puzzles — we look for the familiar in vague stimuli, a pheonmenon known as pareidolia, which only further confounds us.
Tripling your reading speed with just 15 minutes of practice each day, and boost your ability to retain what you read.
- Speed reading training can double, or even triple your reading speed in 30 days.
- Results can be seen with just minutes of practice each day.
- Training also focuses on memory retention and skill acquisition.
StackSkills Unlimited is offering the ultimate career booster: lifetime access to over 1,000 courses in many of today's most in-demand skill sets.
- StackSkills Unlimited is an online learning resource with over 1,000 skill training courses.
- Over 550,000 students have successfully completed courses in IT, graphic design, finance and more.
- Save over 90% off the regular price
A new study finds that societies use the same acoustic features for the same types of songs, suggesting universal cognitive mechanisms underpinning world music.
- Every culture in the world creates music, though stylistic diversity hides their core similarities.
- A new study in Science finds that cultures use identifiable acoustic features in the same types of songs and that tonality exists worldwide.
- Music is one of hundreds of human universals ethnographers have discovered.
Machine learning meets meditation? Aura Premium takes advantage of groundbreaking advances to intuitively tailor short, science-backed mindfulness meditation exercises to your needs.