It increases their brains' gray matter volume.
An out-of-this-world high.
- The first human colonists on Mars are expected to endure intense amounts of stress while adapting to the planet.
- Their maintaining mental wellbeing is critical for successful colonization efforts.
- In a 2018 study, participants perceived a 58 percent reduction in anxiety and stress following cannabis use.
A new report shows how legalizing marijuana nationally would likely be much more effective at curbing drug smuggling than building a border wall.
- The report uses recent government data to examine the effects that marijuana legalization has had on drug and human smuggling by Mexican cartels.
- Overall, it appears that marijuana legalization has led to decreases in not only marijuana smuggling, but also smuggling of all drugs across the border.
- The report suggests that the benefits of marijuana legalization might also serve as a model for how legalizing more immigration for workers might curb illegal border crossings.
"We must end the needless and unjust convictions and the debilitating criminal stigma and let's legalize the adult use of recreational use of marijuana once and for all," the governor said.
- Governor Andrew Cuomo said he'd pursue the legislation in 2019.
- New York would become the 11th state to legalize recreational marijuana.
- The legalization of marijuana in a prominent state like New York would likely represent a landmark shift in how the country views marijuana regulation.
Altria Group Inc., maker of Marlboro cigarettes, said it's taking a 45 percent stake in Cronos Group, a major Canadian medical and recreational marijuana provider.
- The deal includes the option for Altria Group to take a 55 percent stake in the Cronos Group over the next five years.
- It marks a continuing trend of big tobacco companies moving into the marijuana industry.
- If legalized at the federal level in the U.S., the marijuana industry could shape up to be like the current alcohol market in the U.S.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.