"Bottom line: It's probably best to set your alarm for a specific time and get up then."
Extensive research at Yale signals the future of personalized medicine
- New research from Yale confirms that gut bacteria alter the effects of medication.
- Researchers tested 271 oral drugs against 76 different types of bacteria in an extensive study.
- Such information could change how doctors prescribe medicine in the future.
Walmart is selling "snake oil," said the general counsel of the organization bringing the lawsuit.
- The lawsuit was brought by a nonprofit organization called the Center For Inquiry, which last year brought a similar suit against CVS.
- Walmart currently sells a wide variety of homeopathic products in stores and online, including its own products under the Equate brand.
- The lawsuit alleges that Walmart labels and promotes homeopathic products as if they're actual medicines.
100 percent fruit juice is still 100 percent sugar.
- Research at the University of Waterloo claims that taxing fruit juice results in healthier purchasing habits.
- Participants that were taxed "produced greater reductions in sugars and calories than those that did not."
- Experts say that stripping fruit of its fiber for juice is a dubious nutritional practice.
Although longer lifespans are widespread, they are not a given.
Humans are living longer around the world. While there have been obvious ups and downs, life expectancy at birth overall has been steadily increasing for many years. It has more than doubled in the last two centuries.
SMARTER FASTER trademarks owned by The Big Think, Inc. All rights reserved.