Americans consume the most toilet paper in the world but it's a very wasteful product to manufacture, according to the numbers.
- Toilet paper consumption is unsustainable and requires a tremendous amount of resources to produce.
- Americans use the most toilet paper in the world and have been hoarding it due to coronavirus.
- Alternatives to toilet paper are gaining more popularity with the public.
Gig workers suffer from low pay, wage theft, precariousness, dangerous working conditions, and discrimination.
America's racial wealth disparity is entrenched, with devastating effects. What if we got rid of it?
- A new study shows that the wealth gap in the United States is still here, huge, and affects every aspect of our economic lives.
- The authors explain that narrowing the gap would increase GDP size substantially.
- The study also reminds us that little will change without major policy changes.
The fast-food company recently agreed to acquire a tech company whose "speech-to-meaning" technology might soon be interpreting customers' orders.
- McDonald's has agreed to acquire Apprente, whose speech recognition technology can supposedly understand complex orders.
- McDonald's has acquired two other tech companies this year: one that updates drive-thru menus, and another that uses mobile apps to boost customer engagement.
- The company hasn't said whether the new A.I. is likely to replace human workers.
'For decades, all the major economists ... they all believed that we would be working less and less', Rutger Bregman told Davos